Dreams for 2022
Generations Group of Matteson, IL
Our first event was a Zoom Prayer Call which also went very well. The February 19th Valentine and Go Red Event went very well. The moms were engaged and the Doctor gave an excellent presentation. She is a cardiologist at one of our major medical centers here in Chicago.
The moms are very excited about this new year. Starting in April, we will begin having in person events and we are really looking forward to seeing the moms and the children in person. With in-person, we also have a prayer box where moms can write out and put their prayer requests in and a prayer area so moms and their children can go over for special prayer if they would like to. Lisa and Yolanda (Generations Leaders) are excellent prayer people and they really enjoy praying for the moms.
I really liked how the moms on the zoom said that they always felt welcomed, and that was why they came back. I also liked that they had attended the Back to School Event or the Christmas Event and that they were returning. I also noticed that one mom said she learned about us from Facebook and another mom learned about us from a local city promotion that we do each month. Their main focus this year is to grow the group and to make sure that the moms are engaged and communicating. We really want to focus even more with social media and getting the word out.
Below is our tentative calendar for the year. At the first of the year, we were not sure if we were doing Zoom or in-person, but we have a clear direction now.
- February 19, 2022 – Valentine/Go Red Event – Commemorate the group’s first meeting & begin their 10-Year Anniversary Celebrations. Moms & kids recreating the 1st Dr. gives a heart health presentation and answers questions on young women’s health.
- February 19-20, 2022 - Delta Sorority Youth Empowerment Event
- April 9, 2022 - Financial Literacy - presented Credit Union - Money management, budgeting, etc. Ways to save money.
- April 30, 2022 - Spring Super Heroes Dance- Kids wear costumes, do poses, prizes for best costume, best pose, best jump -Gift Cards for winners.
- May 14, 2022 - Moms Appreciation Spa Day Moms will be treated to manicures, pedicures, other services along with special gifts.
- May 21, 2022 - How to Grow A Salad – Families receive garden kits with pots, seeds, soil and directions. Learn how to grow their own food.
- June 2022 - Glowing, Growing, Thriving Presentation on Mental, Physical and Financial Wellness.
- June 2022 - Organization/Time Management/Stress Relief
- August 6, 2022 - Back to School Event- Free school supplies given to children and young people.
- September 2022 – Youth Panel - a panel of young people and children with adult moderator will discuss issues they face, support needed, & what they need from us.
- September 2022 - Aglow International Conference – Women & men from around the world attend.
- October, 2022 - Domestic Violence Panel Virtual- Domestic violence survivors panel.
- October, 2022 - Breast Cancer Awareness -Medical professionals discuss breast cancer due to the large number of deaths of young women due to this disease.
- October 2022 – Winter Coat Drive & GiveAway
- November, 2022 - Scholarships with Erica Brownfield -Discussion of obtaining scholarships for college and guidance for students to be successful while in college.
- December 17, 2022 - Christmas Toy and Gift Give Away
- There will be a Quarterly Prayer Event – Zoom, Conference Call and In Person.
Submitted from Louise Dawkins – Area Leader IL- Chicago South Suburban Area
Leave a Comment